President’s Report (Wayne Sluhan)
Vice-President’s Report (Mike Gapsch)
Wayne is doing daily therapy and making progress. No meeting in November due to peak rut hunting season. December meeting will be on December 6th and also the club christmas party. Encourage everyone to submit ideas for the canned food drive. Gun Raffle winner was Charles Ruggeri (sp). Almost 600 tickets were sold. Motion to send $50 to Gateway Armory to cover costs. Motion was passed by majority. Looking for ideas for another raffle for 2019–guns seem to be the most popular and best ticket seller. Club hunt is 10-11-18 through 10-14-18. 25 paid with 3 pending. 17 sponsorship renewals–please get out and support these business. Harvest contest continues.
Secretary Report (Malcolm Grundy)
Share your pics & stories in the woods on our club Facebook site: South County Archers
St. Louis. If you are not already on there go to the site and send me a request to join.
Also, please invite other to like and join our site as well. Secondly, you can also email
your harvest photos to email@example.com so we can upload to a gallery site
that we are putting together. Be on the lookout for updates to our website and social
media pages. Lastly, if you know someone who you feel would be a good fit for our
club please invite them to attend our functions and help sponsor them to become
active members. Also, if anyone would like to purchase SCA apparel we have hats,
polo shirts & T-shirts available for purchase. See Jon for details & to check available
Treasurer’s Report (Henry Drane)
The club is very sound on the target fund. Also in good position on the club side. Genesis Bow and gun raffle was once again very successful, as well as solid sponsorships.
Range Captain’s Report (Tom Munroe)
Master Bowhunter Recorder (Ken Winkelman)
See Ken’s emails for details on all harvests recorded this year. Per Ken this is one of the highest number of entries submitted and a pretty close race at the top. Good luck heading into the whitetail rut
Park Representative Report (Tom Rizzo)
Membership Secretary Report (Jon Adams)
Pending new members Mark Knapp, Jim Uthoff, Alex Miller, Mike House, Kevin Frate, Scott Brengard, Joe Maddock
Tournament Secretary Report (Shane Walz)
We have a need for some new inserts for 3D targets. We have unused credit with Rinehart. Motion to allocate $3500 to purchase necessary targets and inserts. Motion approved by majority.
New Business/Old Business
Henry Drane suggested first time shooters for club shoots get member pricing if they
provide us with personal info (email/phone #) to be added to contact lists. Ken Winkelman suggested we need to get an assement of gravel/rock for the range lanes. Tony Taylor suggested we get details together on spraying honeysuckle at the range before the spring green up.
The only contested officer position was membership secretary, won by Jon Adams (13)
over Mary Taylor (6). All other officers approved by majority. Thanks to everyone who
attended and helped with the Fish Fry at the last fun shoot. We had a great turnout.
2018 South County Archers Current officers:
- President – Wayne Sluhan
- Vice President – Mike Gapsch
- Secretary – Malcolm Grundy
- Range Captain – Tom Munroe
Range Co-Captain – Jim Keener
- Tournament Secretary – Shane Walz
- Treasurer – Henry Drane
- Membership Secretary -Jon Adams
- Parks Representative – Tom Rizzo
- MasterBowhunter Recorder – Ken Winkelman
SCA Calendar of Events 2018
- January 23, 2018 Indoor Archery League at The Bow Shop-10 weeks
- February 8-11, 2018 Boat & Sport show event @ Americas Center
- February 17, 2018 Work Day, meet 6:00am-?? Meet at the Pavilion
- March 3, 2018 Back-up Work Day. (Same as above)
- March 10, 2018 March Madness 3D Archery Tournament (8:00a-12:00p)
- March 25, 2018 Awards Banquet($25/person @ Genesis on Telegraph)
- April 4,-October 3, 2018 Fun Shoots at JB (every Wednesday starts around 4pm)
- June 9, 2018 Kids Shoot (9-10:30a beginner-11-12:30p intermediate)
- June 23, 2018 Mid- Summer Classic 3D Tournament (8:00a-12:00p)
- July 14, 2018 Kids Shoot (9-10:30a beginner-11-12:30p intermediate)
- August(TBD)Charlie Sharp Coon Shoot (Members Only Shoot)
- August 11, 2018 Kids Shoot (9-10:30a beginner-11-12:30p intermediate)
- August 18, 2018 Annual Deer Classic at JB (8a-12:00p)
- August (TBD)John Woods Memorial 3D Tournament (Members Only)
- October 11-14, 2018 SCA Club Hunting Trip (Mark Twain Lake)$$$/person
Meeting held the 1st Thursday of every month at Oakville Elks Lodge- 2726 Elks Lane-St.
Louis, Mo 63129 7:30pm Start time.
-Like us on our FACEBOOK page-
Ken Barrett Sr.