President’s Report ( Mike Gapsch ) Kid shoot is this weekend July 13th at JB Sat 7/20 9am – 8pm and Sun 7/21 9am – 6pm Bass Pro Shop, St. Charles – we are selling bratwurst, raffle tickets, and helping the kids with archery – pricing on raffle tickets and bratwursts was discussed – the club is looking for volunteers, see Mike Gapsch if interested – folded chairs are recommended, everything else will be provided.
Sponsorships are now on sale, see Mike. Sold raffle tickets need to have money and extra raffle tickets turned back in The last Wed of the month is Member appreciation – we will be serving smoked pulled pork. The deer classic is coming up and they will be looking for help August 17th, see Mike.
Vice President’s Report ( Malcolm Grundy ) Gun raffle tickets are available – See Malcom $5/each 5 for $20 20 for $100.
Secretary Report ( Joe Maddock ) Share your pics & stories in the woods on our club Facebook site: South County Archers St. Louis. If you are not already on there go to the site and send me a request to join. Also, please invite other to like and join our site as well. Secondly, you can also email your harvest photos to email@example.com so we can upload to a gallery site that we are putting together. Be on the lookout for updates to our website and social media pages. Lastly, if you know someone who you feel would be a good fit for our club, please invite them to attend our functions and help sponsor them to become active members. Also, if anyone would like to purchase SCA apparel we have hats, polo shirts & T shirts available for purchase. See Jon for details & to check available sizes.
Treasurer’s Report (Henry Drane) The club remains financially sound,
Range Captain’s Report (Tom Munroe) No report
Master Bowhunter Recorder (Ken Winkelman) Master Bow Hunter – Spring turkey season was “interesting”, a few birds were harvested with a bow. Ricky Bowen’s son shot a nice pig If you are working an event, make sure an officer is aware – you need 8 hours to qualify for awards and to be considered a member in good standing.
Park Representative Report (Tom Rizzo) Tom met with the new Parks Department Ranger.
Membership Secretary Report (Jon Adams) Welcome Larry Joedicke and Joe Ryan to their first meeting as members. Membership continues to increase. Social media presence has been improving. SCA Camo Hats $20 – SCA Classic Orange Hats $20 – SCA Beenie Hats $20.
Tournament Secretary Report (Shane Walz) No Report
New Business/Old Business An email was sent 7/10 with a number of updates and upcoming dates – if you did not receive, please see Mike to make sure you are on the mailing list. Wayne S brought up the need to discuss and finalizes plans for grant application – gravel was identified as high need. Please be careful with the targets when loading and unloading.
Motion made to adjourn
2019 South County Archers Current officers:
- President: Mike Gapsch
- Vice President: Malcolm Grundy
- Secretary: Joe Maddock
- Range Captain: Tom Munroe
- Range Co Captain: Jim Keener
- Tournament Secretary: Shane Walz
- Treasurer: Henry Drane
- Membership Secretary: Jon Adams
- Parks Representative: Tom Rizzo
- Master Bowhunter Recorder: Ken Winkelman
SCA Calendar of Events 2019
- April 03, 2019 – October 02, 2019 Fun Shoots every Wednesday 14 3D targets will be set up on the walk through range. starts @ 4:00pm. NO shoot on July 03, 2018 due to holiday.
- July 13, 2019 Kids Shoot at SCA pavilion JB park 8:00am – 3:00pm
- July 31, 2019 Member Appreciation night 50/50 drawing with attendance prizes..
- August 01, 2019 Club Meeting starts @ 7:30 PM @ the Oakville Elks Club August 10, 2019 Kids Shoot at SCA pavilion JB park 8:00am 3:00pm
- August 17, 2019 Annual Deer Classic Tournament 30 3D targets will be set up on the walk through range. (Always on the 3rd Saturday in August)
- August 25, 2019 Annual John Woods Tournament (SCA members only)
- August 28, 2019 Member Appreciation night 50/50 drawing with attendance prizes.
- September 05, 2019 Club Meeting starts @ 7:30 PM @ the Oakville Elks Club
- October 02, 2019 Annual Keightley Fish and Turkey Fry.
- October 02. 2019 Last Wednesday night fun shoot for 2019. 2019 Raffle winners announced. 50/50 drawing.
- October 03, 2019 Club Meeting starts @ 7:30 PM @ the Oakville Elks Club (Election of Officers)
- October 10 13, 2019 SCA Annual Hunt and Fish camp
- December 05, 2019 Club Meeting starts @ 7:30 PM @ the Oakville Elks Club (Annual Christmas Party)
Contact us: southcountyarchers.com email: firstname.lastname@example.org Like us on our FACEBOOK page
Attendees: Joe Maddock, Mike Gapsch, Tom Rizzo, Fred Gerber, Marshall Sidwell, Jim Keener, Mark C Knapp, Jon Adams, Henry Drane, Ken Winkelman, Tom Munroe, Malcolm Grundy, Wayne Sluhan, Greg Rodermund, Mike Manion, Frank Kreji, Brian Winkelman, Greg Winkelman, Larry Joekicke, Joe Ryan, Wayne Vetter, Bob Urbanek
If I misspelled anyone’s name, please forgive me and feel free to send me the correction.